Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Ode to a Real Live US and A Action Hero







So, Hai thar!

I'm gonna be brutally honest. I'm just gonna say it.  Just trying to be candid with all of ya.  Ok? Ok.

I'm starting this blog because of BRK.

My first toon in WoW was a hunter.  And so was my second.  And my third.  And finally I leveled one up to 70 (I started playing in BC).  I won't get into why I loved (and still love) being a hunter. That's the topic of another post.  But I will tell you that I really only understood what I was doing because of that crazy, foshizzling, pro-dwarf, anti-belf, bunneh-hating hunter.  Back then, BRK was making "Bigredkitty Hunter Guide Movies!"  He showed me how to  kite, how to train my pets, how to set up my UI, how to gear up, how to raid in Kara and he even responded to my emails!  Now some people will say, "What a noob you can't figure that out on your own.  GG, L2P, BBQ"  But I'd like to hope that people will remember how daunting this game was when they first played it.  Opening the box, installing the game, creating a character having no idea what choices you were making, getting to that cutscene telling you about your character, then you finally see the behind of your character ready to explore, and you said to yourself, "Um, how do you move?"

If you're like me, you don't like that feeling.  You want to know what you're doing and more than that you want to be one of the best at what you do.  That's me.  And I owe bunches to BRK to scaffolding all of it for me and helping me get to the point where I am now.  I hope to do all of that for you with this here baby blog.  

Now, unlike BRK, I am a complete altaholic.  I have several level 35+ characters on many different servers.  One of those characters is a Shaman.  It's the only other level 80 toon I've got, and dood..... it... is.... SWEET.  I dare not say I enjoy it more than my hunter, but I am already better geared on my Shaman, it's becoming my main toon.  And like on my hunter, I only try to be as good as possible and I don't settle for mediocrity.  No sirree bob, jr.  Good thing is I didn't start raiding until WotLK on the shaman so I don't have that skewed lens that previous enhancement shaman have had before me.  3.0.8 is a whole new ballgame folks, adapt accordingly.

What I hope to do for you is what BRK did for me.  Minus the Hunter Guide Movies, Brain vs. BRK, Daniel-mode, and t-shirts.  But I absolutely approve of bunneh and belf hate. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, gl on the blog. Added you to my links.

    ReplyDelete